A MOTHER has revealed a clever Ring doorbell trick to reveal Santa on his Christmas night duties.
Of course, Father Christmas is far too smart to be caught out by technology – and has magic up his sleeve too.
But parents who want to have a bit of fun with their Ring doorbell might want to give this a try.
It comes after one mum was asked by her children to show Santa on their Ring doorbell.
“They have asked if they can check the camera on Christmas Day,” she said.
In response, another Facebook user shared a simple video editing hack.
Mum, Emma Andersen, has had so many requests to make the videos that she’s shared tips on how to do it themselves, Tyla reports.
And it all starts with an app called Canva – but unfortunately it’s not free.
However, there is a 14 day free trial if you opt for the annual subscription, just be sure to cancel it immediately if you want to avoid being charged.
“You will need pro for the element I used, although you may be able to find other elements on the free version,” Emma explained.
How to make Santa appear on Ring doorbell
Firstly, you need to get a screenshot of your Ring doorbell’s view, hopefully with a bit of sky visible in the shot.
It’s best if this is at night when the night vision kicks in.
Go to Canva and select Videos, then Mobile Video.
Tap Create blank.
Along the bottom, tap Camera Roll and select your Ring doorbell screenshot, followed by the Add to page button.
Expand it so the video fills the screen.
Now, tap the purple + icon in the bottom left corner.
This time, select Elements from the list along the bottom.
Search “Santa sleigh black background”.
Under the videos list, select the first one that appears to be an entirely black rectangle.
Now, tap Effects along the bottom, followed by Background Remover.
Finally, position it over your Ring doorbell screenshot somewhere over the sky – and make sure it’s not too big.
Preview your video before and away you go.
How to cancel subscriptions on iPhone
If you want to cancel your Canva subscription before the free trial ends you’ll need to go it in the App Store.
Tap on your profile image in the top right.
Tap on Canva.
Then, Cancel Free Trial.
iPhone tricks to try today
Here are some of the best…
- Typing cursor – When typing, hold down the space bar to turn your keyboard into a trackpad, letting you move around words and sentences more easily
- Close all Safari tabs – To do this in one go, simply hold the overlapped squares in the bottom right-hand corner, and press close all tabs
- Delete lots of photos quickly – Hold down on a photo and then drag your finger diagonally in Photos to select lots of images at once, then hit delete
- Convert currency quickly – Swipe down from the top of your Home screen (or swipe left to right on an iPhone X or later model), then tap in the bar and type a currency (like $200) and it will automatically covert to your local currency
- Check if you’re due a battery upgrade – Batteries inside smartphones degrade over time. Just go to Settings > Battery > Battery Health, and check out the Maximum Capacity reading. Generally a battery is considered worn when you’re down to 80% capacity. If you’re below, you can buy a battery swap from Apple
- Move apps around faster – Hold an app until it starts wiggling, then (while still holding) tap other apps, causing them to stack so you can move them around easier
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online Tech & Science team? Email us at [email protected]