- Fall is a great time to visit the Catskills for fall foliage, ample hiking, and outdoor activities.
- Popular areas around Hunter, Windham, and Belleayre Mountains in New York are typically more affordable in fall, before peak ski and snowboard season starts.
- We found highly-rated, rustic cabins on Airbnb you can rent on a weekend in October or November for under $200 a night.
Ski season is still a few months away, but that shouldn't keep you from curling up in a woodsy cabin, especially considering how many cozy Airbnb Catskills rentals are available for under $200 a night. More on that in a minute.
Autumn is also just a great time to visit the Catskills. The popular areas around Hunter, Windham, and Belleayre Mountains in New York are typically more affordable, and inventory is higher compared to peak winter ski season. And while you won't be able to hit the slopes just yet, you will enjoy colorful leaf peeping, hiking, and other outdoor activities most skiers and snowboarders miss.
The trip to the Catskills is roughly two-and-a-half hours from New York City by car, and many bus lines provide access as well. You may also take a train and then either rent a car, or call a rideshare to complete the trip. It feels a bit more remote than the Hudson Valley, but with just as much charm.
No matter how you arrive, you'll adore any of these cute cabins in the woods, selected based on the following search parameters:
- Airbnb listing is for the entire home (no awkward hallway conversations with your host).
- The home is available on a weekend. I looked a month out at October 27-29, and November 1-3. All were available to book as of publishing time.
- All are highly rated Airbnb listings in New York's Catskills with a review score of 4.5 or higher.
- Properties are all rustic cabins. Bring on the log, pine, and oak.
- Homes are affordable, and priced under $200 per night.