The Iowa State Cyclones (3-2) and West Virginia Mountaineers (3-2) lock horns at Milan Puskar Stadium in Morgantown Saturday at 4 p.m. ET. Below is a breakdown of the Cyclones vs. Mountaineers sports gambling odds and lines, with sports betting tips on the moneyline, spread and Over/Under, along with suggested bets.
The Cyclones dropped their only true road games of the season, a 23-21 setback at Baylor as 2.5-point favorites. They have alternated wins and losses and 'over' and 'under' results in each of their five outings. When they win, the 'over' is 3-0. When they lose, the 'under' is 0-2. Will the pattern continues?
The Mountaineers were thumped by Texas 42-31 last weekend, snapping a modest two-game win streak. The 'over' has connected in three consecutive battles since opening with the 'under' in their first two.
Iowa State at West Virginia: Betting trends and tips
Get some action on this game or others by placing a bet at BetMGM!
- The Cyclones have posted a 9-4-1 ATS record in the past 14 road games, while going 20-8-1 ATS in the past 29 conference tilts.
- Iowa State is 3-7 ATS in the past 10 games overall, and 2-5 ATS in the past seven against teams with a winning record.
- The Mountaineers are 3-1-2 ATS in the past six at home, and they're 5-2-2 ATS in the past nine against teams with a winning record.
- The under is 14-1-1 in Iowa State's past 16 games following a straight-up win, and 13-3 in the past 16 road games while going 5-1-1 in the past seven against winning teams.
- The over has cashed in seven straight conference games for West Virginia, while going 5-1 in the past six at home.
- The under has cashed in four of the past five meetings in this series.
Iowa State at West Virginia: Odds, betting lines and picks
West Virginia 26, Baylor 24
Moneyline ( ?)
Iowa State (-400) is an expensive play on the moneyline, and it's just not worth the risk in a place that is tough to win. If anything, WEST VIRGINIA (+300) is the much better value and worth a small-unit bet to triple up.
Against the Spread ( ?)
The Mountaineers (+10.5, -115) are a decent value at home as double-digit underdogs. The Bears (-10.5, -106) have just been too inconsistent both straight-up and against the number.
Over/Under ( ?)
The UNDER 54.5 ( -110) has connected in four of the previous five meetings, and the under is the dominant trend in games for Iowa State, too. The under is 17-8-1 in ISU's past 26 games on the road, and 7-1 in the past eight on the road against teams with a winning home record.
Get some action in this one, place a bet with BetMGM today. And for more sports betting picks and tips, visit SportsbookWire.com.
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage.