Volkov, a veteran of 37 professional fights, looked loose and relaxed as he hit the mitts for the fans in Moscow ahead of his eagerly-anticipated clash with Hardy.
Hardy, meanwhile, looked typically stern-faced and focused as he worked out ahead of the biggest fight of his UFC career to date.
The former NFL star agreed to step in at late notice to take on Volkov, who was originally set to face former UFC heavyweight champion Junior Dos Santos in the headline bout of the event.
Now Volkov and Hardy will face off in the co-main event slot on Saturday night in Moscow at the CSKA Arena
UFC MOSCOW: MAIN CARD BOUTS
- Zabit Magomedsharipov vs. Calvin Kattar
- Alexander Volkov vs. Greg Hardy
- Zelim Imadaev vs. Danny Roberts
- Khadis Ibragimov vs. Ed Herman
- Ramazan Emeev vs. Rocco Martin
- Shamil Gamzatov vs. Klidson Abreu