The Tennessee Titans (1-2) visit the Atlanta Falcons (1-2) at Mercedes-Benz Stadium Sunday of Week 4. Kickoff is scheduled for 1 p.m. ET.
Titans at Falcons: Week 4 preview, betting trends and notes
Looking to place a bet on this game or others? Get some action in the game at BetMGM and have some extra skin in the game. Sign up and bet at BetMGM now!
- The Falcons return home where they beat the Philadelphia Eagles 24-20 in Week 2. They're 0-2 on the road and are coming off a 27-24 loss against the Indianapolis Colts in Week 3.
- The Titans are 1-1 on the road and will play a second straight game as the visitors. They beat the Cleveland Browns 43-13 in the season opener but lost 20-7 to the Jacksonville Jaguars last Thursday night.
- Tennessee has outscored its opponents by a 67-52 margin for a differential of plus-15. Only seven teams have allowed fewer points through three weeks.
- Atlanta has a point differential of minus-15. Eleven teams have allowed more points than the Falcons' 75. Ten teams have scored fewer points than Atlanta's 60.
- Both teams are 1-2 against the spread. The Titans still have an average margin of victory of five points, thanks to their Week 1 blowout victory over the Browns. The Falcons have lost by an average of five points.
- The Falcons and Titans are both 1-2 against the over/under. Atlanta has fallen an average of 4.3 points short of the projected total; Tennessee has come up an average of 2.2 points shy of the number.
- The Titans were 3-4 against the O/U as the visitors last year. The Falcons were 5-3 as the hosts.
- The OVER is 18-2-1 in the Titans' last 21 games in Week 4. Seven of the Falcons' last eight games in Week 4 played to the OVER.
- The Titans are averaging 112.7 team rushing yards per game against the Falcons' 74.3.
- The Falcons allow an average of 100 yards per game on the ground. The Titans allow 119 per game.
- Falcons QB Matt Ryan ranks fifth in the league with 928 passing yards. Titans QB Marcus Mariota has just 706 passing yards on the season.
- Ryan's six interceptions thrown are the most in the NFL. Mariota hasn't thrown a single pick.
Titans at Falcons: Key injuries
Falcons S Keanu Neal tore his Achilles' last week and is out for the season. DL Grady Jarrett (toe) is expected to play Week 4. OLs Kaleb McGary (knee) and Chris Lindstrom (foot) remain sidelined.
Titans at Falcons: Odds, betting lines and prediction
Sep 19, 2019; Jacksonville, FL, USA; Tennessee Titans quarterback Marcus Mariota (8) hands the ball off to running back Derrick Henry (22) during the first quarter against the Jacksonville Jaguars at TIAA Bank Field. (Photo Credit: Reinhold Matay - USA TODAY Sports)
NFL odds via BetMGM; access USA TODAY Sports' betting odds for a full list. Lines last updated Tuesday at 4:45 p.m. ET.
Falcons 28, Titans 24
Moneyline ( ?)
The Falcons are the better team offensively and are sizable favorites at home at -222 odds. With a $10 wager returning a profit of just $4.50; however, we'll look for better value on the spread.
Against the Spread ( ?)
Get the Titans on the spread of +5 with -110 odds. The Falcons will score their points at home, but the Titans should be able to keep up with Neal out of Atlanta's lineup.
Take the OVER (45.5, -115) with the Falcons scoring better at home and Neal's absence likely to lead to more points for the visitors.
Esten's NFL betting record: 8-6
Get some action in this one by signing up and betting at BetMGM. If you're looking for more sports betting picks and tips, access all of our content at SportsbookWire.com.
We offer insights into sports betting opportunities. If you sign up to a service by clicking one of the links, we may earn a referral fee.