The Sacramento Kings (0-0) and Phoenix Suns (0-0) get their 2019-20 NBA seasons underway Wednesday at Talking Stick Resort Arena. Tip-off is scheduled for shortly after 10:00 p.m. ET. In this one, we focus on the Suns-Kings odds and lines, with NBA betting advice and tips around the matchup.
Kings at Suns: By the numbers
Place a legal sports bet on this NBA action or other games at BetMGM.
- Sacramento defeated Phoenix in three of the four meetings last season.
- Both teams topped 103 points in all four games.
- The Kings went 3-2 in preseason action while the Suns went 2-2. The Kings outscored their opposition 118.8 to 115 on average. The Suns were outscored 109 to 108.8.
- The Kings went 39-43 and missed the playoffs by nine games in 2018-19. Their scoring margin was -1.1 points per game as the Kings faltered late in the season - losing nine of their last 12 contests.
- The Suns went 19-63 and were outscored 116.8 to 107.5. They lost eight of their final 10 games
- The Kings added C Dewayne Dedmon to a three-year, $40 million deal. Some presume Dedmon will be the starting center this year but Sacramento has plenty of depth at that position. G Corey Joseph signed a three-year $37 million deal to add some defensive depth.
- The Suns added G Ricky Rubio with a three-year, $51 million deal. He will split the ball-handling duties with G Devin Booker.
- The Kings ranked fifth in the NBA with 106.6 possessions per game last season. The Suns ranked 11th with 104.9 possessions per game.
- Last year's head-to-head series went 1-3 against the Over/Under.
Kings at Suns: Key injuries
- Harry Giles III (knee) is out.
- Cameron Johnson (calf) and Ty Jerome (ankle) are out. G Devin Booker (finger) is expected to play.
Kings at Suns: Odds, picks and betting tips
NBA odds courtesy of BetMGM; access USA TODAY Sports for a full set of today's betting odds. Odds last updated at 8:00 a.m. ET.
Moneyline : Take the KINGS at -121 odds even with Giles out. Phoenix may have Rubio but are still fundamentally flawed almost everywhere else. Add in the Suns' injuries and Sacramento, even on the road, will win outright.
Line : There is even more value on the Kings by taking the +105 odds for them to cover a modest spread of -2.5 and win by three or more points. Sacramento's three wins versus Phoenix last year were by nine or more points so this spread is a small obstacle to hurdle.
Over/Under : Last year's four meetings each fell short of Wednesday's projected total of 232.5. Take the UNDER at a slightly better value with -106 odds.
Want some action in this one? Place a bet at BetMGM now. For more sports betting tips, visit SportsbookWire.com.
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage.