On Wednesday night, NBA fans will be treated to a 2018-2019 playoff rematch as the Denver Nuggets (0-0) will take on the Portland Trail Blazers (0-0). That game can be seen at 10:00 on ESPN Wednesday, October 23, 2019. We analyze the Nuggets-Trail Blazers odds and lines, while providing NBA betting picks and tips around this matchup.
Denver at Portland: By the numbers
Place a legal sports bet on this NBA action or other games at BetMGM.
- Denver has won just two of their previous six meetings against Portland.
- The Nuggets have fared well against the spread against Portland, covering in eight of their previous 12 contests.
- The OVER has hit in four of the last five games featuring the Denver Nuggets.
- Portland won just one of their final five games to finish the 2018-2019 season.
- The Trail Blazers played well during Wednesdays last season, going 10-1 against the spread.
- The OVER has hit in five of the last six games for Portland at home.
Denver at Portland: Odds, picks and betting tips
NBA odds courtesy of BetMGM; access USA TODAY Sports for a full set of today's betting odds. Odds last updated Tuesday, October 22, at 5:00 ET.
Moneyline : The Trail Blazers (-121) are slight home favorites in this contest over the Nuggets (-100). While there is value on both sides, consider taking Portland at home in this playoff rematch from last season. New to sports betting? A $10 bet on the Trail Blazers returns a $8.26 profit with a victory.
Line : Portland (-2.5) is a basket favorite over Denver (+2.5) at home, and that feels just about right. These two teams played several close contests in the playoffs, with three of their six playoff games being decided by four or fewer points. However, I'm taking the Trail Blazers to cover at home against what many people believe is the best team in the West in the Nuggets.
Over/under : The point total for this matchup is set at 211.5 points, which feels somewhat high for the first game of the season. However, these are two teams that can shoot the basketball and aren't afraid to shoot a ton of threes. Look for the OVER to hit late in this contest, probably via free throws from the Trail Blazers.
Want some action in this one? Place a bet at BetMGM now. For more sports betting tips, visit SportsbookWire.com.
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship, and there is no influence on news coverage.