The Tennessee Volunteers (2-4, 1-2 SEC East) visit the top-rankedAlabama Crimson Tide (6-0, 3-0 SEC West) Saturday for a 9 p.m. ET kickoff at Bryant-Denny Stadium.
Alabama has won the last 12 head-to-head meetings following a Tennessee upset in 2006.
Tennessee at Alabama: Betting trends and tips
- Alabama won the last 12 games vs. Tennessee by a whopping 329 points. That is an average margin of more than 27 points a game.
- The Volunteers are 2-4 ATS and 3-3 O/U on the year.
- The Tide are 3-3 ATS and also 3-3 O/U on the year.
- Tennessee managed to win against Mississippi State 20-10 as the OVER hit against an "inferior opponent." It seems the Volunteers can show up early against top teams, but typically falter as the game goes on. The difference is this is vs. Alabama.
- Alabama thumped Texas A&M 47-28 after the bye on the road as it beat the spread and connected on the OVER. The Tide are the number one team in the nation for a reason.
- Tide QB Tua Tagovailoa threw for 293 yards and four TDs with one INT vs. Texas A&M last week on 21-for-34 passing. Combine that with 114 yards rushing from Najee Harris and Tennessee will have quite a 1-2 punch to deal with.
Need help with your fantasy football team?TheHuddle.com has your back. Creating champions for over two decades, this year it's your turn to win! Subscribe now atTheHuddle.com; use code " sbw15" to take $15 off. Discount valid for first-time Huddle subscribers through 10/31/19.
Tennessee at Alabama: Key injuries
Tennessee:: QB Brian Maurer is questionable after suffering a concussion last week. LB Henry To'o To'o is out for the first half against Alabama for a targeting suspension. WR Brandon Johnson is out for the season and redshirted.
Alabama: Freshman K Will Reichard (hip flexor) and OL Chris Owens are questionable. WR Devonta Smith (suspension) is out for the first half against Tennessee.
Tennessee at Alabama: Odds, betting lines and picks
Oct 12, 2019; Knoxville, TN; Tennessee Volunteers wideout Tyler Byrd (10) runs for a touchdown against the Mississippi State Bulldogs. (Photo Credit: Randy Sartin - USA TODAY Sports)
Alabama 48, Tennessee 10
Moneyline ( ?)
Alabama is such a big favorite on the point spread that the moneyline is off the board.
Against the Spread ( ?)
ALABAMA (-34.5, -110) is the STRONGEST PLAY. This is a mismatch, especially in Tuscaloosa.
New to sports betting? Bet $11.10 to win $10 on Alabama to win by 35 points or more. Every $1 wagered would profit $0.91 (1 divided by 1.10) if the Tide cover the spread.
Over/Under ( ?)
The UNDER 61.5 ( -106) is the way to go. Style points are nice and all but the problem is that Tennessee may not be able to score enough points to tilt this to an over. It will be close, however.
Get some action in this one, place a bet with BetMGM today. And for more sports betting picks and tips, visit SportsbookWire.com.
We offer insights into sports betting opportunities. If you sign up to a service by clicking one of the links, we may earn a referral fee.