- Major wins for the then-No. 5 LSU Tigers, then-No. 6 Oklahoma Sooners, and then-No. 10 Penn State Nittany Lions and a big loss for the previously undefeated and third-ranked Georgia Bulldogs shook up the top 10 of this week's college football AP Top 25 Poll.
- Twelve teams in the rankings remain undefeated on the season, including each of the top seven teams.
- The SEC and Big Ten lead all conferences with six teams apiece in the top 25, while the Pac-12 boasts four ranked teams and the Big 12 has three ranked teams.
- Here are the five biggest winners and losers for Week 8 of the college football season.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Though the Alabama Crimson Tide are sitting pretty atop the AP Top 25 Poll for the third consecutive week, the rest of the rankings saw some considerable shifts heading into Week 8.
Most notably, the then-No. 5 LSU Tigers, then-No. 6 Oklahoma Sooners, and then-No. 10 Penn State Nittany Lions all secured big wins to move up in the poll. The Georgia Bulldogs, meanwhile, fell out of the top five after suffering a surprising upset at the hands of the unranked South Carolina Gamecocks.
Check out the five biggest winners and losers of college football this week: