CHICAGO — A number of severe watches and warnings — including a few tornado warnings — are in effect across the Chicago area Wednesday and expected to last much of the morning.
- A Severe Thunderstorm Watch has been issued for the entire Chicago until 11 a.m.
- a Severe Thunderstorm Warning has been issued for areas including Aurora, Elgin and Carpentersville until 7 a.m.
- A Severe Thunderstorm Warning has been issued for areas including Crystal Lake, Algonquin IL and Lake in the Hills until 7 a.m.
- A Tornado Warning has been issued for DeKalb County until 6:45 a.m.
- A Tornado Warning is in effect for Lee County until 7 a.m.
A Wind Advisory is also in effect between7 a.m. and 4 p.m. for the highlighted counties in the map below. Southwest winds 20-30 mph with gusts 45-50 mph are expected. Winds could blow around unsecured objects. Tree limbs could snap, resulting in a few power outages. Strong/severe storms could produce higher gusts.
Full forecast details at the WGN Weather Center
One thought on “Severe thunderstorm warnings, watches issued across Chicago area Wednesday”
Perfectly pent written content, thanks for entropy.