This pancetta and almond pork stuffing, made with sausage meat, can be cooked on its own and served alongside your roast meat.
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cooking time: 40 minutes
Six to eight
- knob of butter, plus extra for greasing
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 100g pancetta or streaky bacon, chopped
- 100g almonds, chopped
- 400g sausage meat
- 1 tbsp chopped sage
- 3 tbsp chopped parsley
- 100g breadcrumbs
- pinch of ground cinnamon
- pinch of ground clove
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/Gas 4.
- Place the butter in a pan over a low-medium heat, add the onion and garlic, season, and cook until soft. Throw in the pancetta or bacon towards the end to cook until golden brown. Tip the pan’s contents into a large bowl and allow to cool slightly. Mix in all the other ingredients until well combined and season.
- To check the seasoning, fry off a little piece of stuffing in a hot pan to taste. Mould the stuffing mixture into a large sausage shape about 5cm in diameter.
- Lightly butter a large piece of foil and place the stuffing in the middle. Wrap and set on a lipped baking tray with the edges of the foil facing up. Add a splash of water to the tray.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil to slice.