Saoirse Kennedy Hill died from accidental mixing of methadone, 4 prescription drugs, and alcohol

The Boston Globe 1 month ago

Saoirse Kennedy Hill, the granddaughter of Robert F. Kennedy, died of an accidental overdose when she mixed four prescription drugs, methadone, and alcohol at the family’s compound in Hyannis Port Aug. 1, according to the death certificate made public Friday.

Kennedy Hill, 22, was the daughter of Courtney Kennedy Hill and Paul Michael Hill, and the granddaughter of Ethel Kennedy and her late husband, Robert F. Kennedy. Hill, her father, was one of four people falsely convicted in the 1974 Irish Republican Army bombings of two pubs.

First responders rushed to the Kennedy compound on Marchant Street around 2:31 p.m. and she was rushed to Cape Cod Hospital, officials have said.

According to the death certificate, Kennedy Hill’s death was the result of an accidental mixing of methadone, four other preseciption drugs and alcohol. The drugs cited where diazepam, nordiazepam, fluoxetine, and norfluoxetine.

Kennedy Hill died at the home of her grandmother Ethel at the Kennedy compound, a complex of three houses along Nantucket Sound in Hyannis Port.

Kennedy Hill wrote about her struggle with mental illness while at the Deerfield Academy in 2016.

“People talk about cancer freely; why is it so difficult to discuss the effects of depression, bi-polar, anxiety, or schizophrenic disorders? Just because the illness may not be outwardly visible doesn’t mean the person suffering from it isn’t struggling,’’ she wrote. “I have experienced a lot of stigma surrounding mental health on Deerfield’s campus. As students, we have the power to end that immediately. Stigma places blame on the person suffering from the illness and makes them ashamed to talk openly about what they’re going through,” she wrote.

This is a breaking news story and will be updated.


John R. Ellement can be reached at ellement@globe.com. Follow him on Twitter @JREbosglobe.


Source link
Read also:
Daily Mail Online › 1 month ago
A death certificate released on Friday revealed that Saoirse was found unresponsive at the Kennedy Compound back on August 1 due to a fatal mixture of prescription medications, methadone
UPI › 1 month ago
Saoirse Kennedy Hill, a granddaughter of the late Sen. Robert F. Kennedy, died of a lethal combination of alcohol and prescription drugs, her death certificate revealed Friday.
New York Daily News › Politics › 1 month ago
Drugs claimed the life of Robert F. Kennedy’s granddaughter, officials announced Friday. Saoirse Kennedy Hill’s August death at age 22 was the result of an accidental overdose.
USA Today › Entertainment › 1 month ago
Saoirse Kennedy Hill, the granddaughter of Robert F. Kennedy, died of an accidnetal overdose, her death certificate revealed, according to reports.
CNN › Politics › 1 month ago
A granddaughter of Robert F. Kennedy died of an accidental overdose, according to her death certificate filed Friday in Massachusetts.
Fox News › 1 month ago
The 22-year-old granddaughter of Robert F. Kennedy who passed away after being found unresponsive at the family’s Cape Cod residence in August died from an accidental overdose, officials revealed Friday
NBC News › 1 month ago
A toxicology test found methadone, fluoxetine, norfluoxetine, diazepam, nordiazepam and alcohol in her system.
Business Insider › Lifestyle › 1 month ago
The best mixing bowls are light enough for easy use, clean up effortlessly, and are designed to last. The Cuisinart Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls are our top pick because they're perfect for mixing and can even double as food storage containers, thanks...
The Independent › 1 month ago
Saoirse Kennedy Hill was found dead in the family's Massachusetts home on 1 August
The New York Times › 1 month ago
Authorities have determined that Saoirse Kennedy Hill, the 22-year-old granddaughter of assassinated presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy, died of a drug overdose.
Sign In

Sign in to follow sources and tags you love, and get personalized stories.

Continue with Google
OR