- Popular betting website PredictIt.org saw odds of President Donald Trump's impeachment in the House soar as high as $0.62 against the dollar Tuesday. That implies a roughly 62% probability.
- The price marks an all-time high for Trump's presidency, and was double the closing price for the same bet on Saturday.
- The site's official rules call for the House of Representatives to pass at least one article of impeachment against Trump during his first term.
- The surge comes as Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi is set to announce an official impeachment inquiry against the President, according to multiple news outlets.
- Visit the Markets Insider homepage for more stories.
Popular betting website PredictIt.org saw odds of President Trump's impeachment in the House soar Tuesday, rising as high as $0.62 for a "yes" call.
The latest price is the highest seen for the bet throughout Trump's presidency, and more than double Saturday's closing price for the same call.The bet is made against a single dollar, leading PredictIt's market to forecast a 62% likelihood of Trump being impeached in the House.
PredictIt's official rules for the bet maintain the House of Representatives must pass at least one article of impeachment against Trump during his first term. The site doesn't require a trial or a conviction in the Senate for the betting market to reach a "yes" conclusion.
Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi is set to announce an official impeachment inquiry into Trump and his administration Tuesday afternoon after months of pressure, according to multiple media outlets.
Her decision arrives after recent revelations that Trump urged the Ukrainian president, Volodymyr Zelensky, to investigate former Vice President Joe Biden for corruption.'It's going to 30,000': A CIO who oversees $4.9 billion explains why the Dow is headed for fresh record highs — and shares his top 4 stock picks for the upswing