- Putting can be the most frustrating and rewarding part of golf, but you can gain more rewards by practicing your putting stroke.
- As you practice and play, you'll want a high level of feedback from the putter to help you feel and correct mistakes.
- The Titleist Scotty Cameron Select Newport 3 delivers the feel you need in a classic looking putter that has modern technology and materials.
The movie "Caddyshack" certainly has several memorable comedic golf scenes, such as when Judge Smails is facing a critical putt on the final hole of the match.
He calls on his purple velvet-wrapped Billy Baroo putter. This ancient putter has no modern materials or technologies, but it gives the Judge the confidence to make the key putt to put his team ahead … all while chanting the name of his putter and caressing it just enough to make the viewer hilariously uncomfortable.
Putting is all about confidence, which, for most golfers, is developed over hours and hours of practice with a favorite putter, rather than with a Billy Baroo.
Fortunately, if you don't have the time or desire to spend hours on the putting green, modern putters have plenty of materials and design features that can help you gain confidence quickly. That's why we've done the research to find the best putters you can buy.
Here are the best putters you can buy:
- Best putter overall: Titleist Scotty Cameron Select Newport 3
- Best mallet-style putter: Odyssey O-Works Red 2-Ball
- Best inexpensive putter: Pinemeadow Golf PGX putters
Updated on 10/23/2019 by Owen Burke: Updated prices and formatting, and removed out of stock products. We're currently working on a bigger update to this piece.