Black Friday 2019 excitement is already building and my guides to Walmart’s holiday sales and Target’s biggest deals are now live. But Best Buy will certainly crash the party, so here are my expectations for Best Buy’s Black Friday 2019 headline deals.
Best Buy’s Biggest Black Friday Tech Deals Last Year
- Save $300 on Samsung Galaxy Note 9, S9 or S9+ with qualified activation on Verizon, AT&T or Sprint
- Microsoft Xbox One X 1TB Gold Rush Special Edition Battlefield V Bundle with 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray + free select Xbox One Controller for $429.99 (save $70)
- Nintendo Switch Super Mario Kart Deluxe Bundle for $299.99
- Sony PS4 1TB Slim Spider-Man Bundle for $199.99
- Xbox One S 1TB Minecraft Bundle for $199.99
- Samsung 65-inch LED 2160p Smart 4K UHD TV for $1,297.99 (save $502)
- Samsung 49-inch LED 2160p Smart 4K UHD TV for $597.99 (save $202)
- LG 43-inch Class LED 2160p Smart 4K UHD TV for $269.99 (save $130)
- Insignia 32-inch LED 720p HDTV for $89.99 (save $60)
- Nikon D5600 DSLR Camera with 18-55mm and 70-300mm Lenses for $699.99 (save $100)
- Fitbit Charge 3 Activity Tracker for $119.95 (save $30)
What does this mean for Black Friday 2019?
What To Expect From Best Buy’s Black Friday 2019 Sales
Right off the bat, Best Buy delivered the best Black Friday smartphone deals last year because it matched Walmart’s $300 discount but as a direct saving rather than a gift card. I expect that will happen again for the latest models from Apple and Samsung. (Tip: Target will come closer this year too)
- Apple iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max - save $300 when activating a new instalment plan
- Samsung Galaxy S10, S10+, Note 10 - save $300 when activating a new instalment plan
Best Buy also delivered top tier savings across all three premium consoles and I would expect, all three being another year older, to see even more off the Xbox One X, PS4 Pro and Nintendo Switch as well as deals for the Nintendo Switch Lite:
- Microsoft Xbox One X Bundle with $40 Best Buy Gift Card - $299.99 (save $150)
- Sony PlayStation 4 Pro Bundle - $269.99 (save $130)
- Nintendo Switch Bundle (game or free memory card) - $239 (save circa $110)
- Nintendo Switch Lite (game bundle) - $150 (save $50)
Best Buy has typically hit both premium and entry-level TVs hard during Black Friday. Things may be quieter in the midrange but I’d expect to see the following deals:
- 65-inch 4K TV - $1,000 from a premium brand (circa $500-800 discount)
- 32-inch 720p TV - sub $90 from a cheap brand
Wearables should also feature again and Fitbit, in particular, looks set to discount heavily at major retailers for Black Friday 2019:
- Fitbit Versa 2 Smartwatch for $139 (save $80)
- Fitbit Versa Lite Smartwatch for $99 (save $60)
Like other stores, Best Buy will have multiple pre-Black Friday sales before the big day so hold your nerve if you don’t see deals which can compete with my expectations here.
Best Buy Black Friday 2019 Tips:
Black Friday Ad Release - Best Buy typically releases its Black Friday ad after Target but before Walmart and usually on a Wednesday. Because Black Friday is happening a week later this year, I suspect Wednesday, November 13 is the most likely date. The ad itself will be circa 50 pages and bundle deals of TVs with consoles is a popular Best Buy move, so look out for those if you need both.
Sale Days and Times - Best Buy’s in-store Black Friday sales traditionally start at 5pm on Thanksgiving Day and that should continue. Doors then close at 1am on Black Friday morning and reopen at 8am for new doorbusters. Online Black Friday deals will be available throughout Thanksgiving Day and Friday, extending to the entire weekend with pre-Black Friday sales during Thanksgiving week.
Free Shipping - Best Buy always offers free shipping with no minimum spend throughout Black Friday and Cyber Monday, which is a great advantage over Walmart ($35 minimum) and Amazon ($25 minimum for non-Prime members). It will stick to that for Black Friday 2019, and only Target can match it.
Best Buy Cyber Monday - Best Buy doesn’t release a Cyber Monday ad scan these days, but there should be a weekly flyer which provides a solid preview of what to expect. Best Buy tends to repeat many of its Black Friday deals on Cyber Monday, so don’t panic if you miss out first time around.
More On Forbes