Marriott Bonvoy pushes updates to Bonvoy guest loyalty program T&Cs monthly and sometimes even bimonthly.
Now, a small but significant change may affect points and elite night earnings at Fairfield Hotels.
You can access the Marriott page for Bonvoy points earnings per brand here.
READ MORE: Marriott Bonvoy Rate & Bonus Points Offers
Marriott has now made the following update:
xxiii. Fairfield® by Marriott – all locations except for:
- Fairfield by Marriott Copenhagen Nordhavn participates in the Loyalty Program as follows:
(1) Earn Points or Miles as described in Section 2 except for the following: Members will earn five (5) base Points for each U.S. dollar spent on Qualifying Charges.
(2) Redeem Points as described in Section 3.
(3) Members received benefits as defined in Sections 1 and 4 except for the following: Members will be awarded one (1) Elite Night Credit for every two (2) Qualifying Nights for each Qualifying Stay completed.
(4) Marriott Bonvoy Events as described in Section 5.
Bonvoy Points Earnings per Brand:
So, this change doesn’t make much sense.
Why would Marriott lower the points and elite qualifying nights for only this one specific Fairfield property and not others?
Can we expect to see the Fairfield points and nights reduced at all other properties or only those in Europe?
I’m not too fond of the multiple exceptions that Marriott Bonvoy has had over the years, and you have to give them credit for being able to remove most of them.
But why now, suddenly, this one Fairfield property in Copenhagen with halved earnings? Makes no sense.