- When you have a home gym, any day of the year is the best day to start improving your health, your appearance, and your well being.
- That's why we've gathered up the best exercise equipment for your home gym, including treadmills, stationary bikes, foam rollers, dumbbells, and much more.
You want to tone up, improve your health, lose a little weight, and gain greater flexibility. What you don't want to do, however, is pay a sign-up fee plus monthly costs, drive to the gym and circle the parking lot looking for a spot, wait your turn for equipment, deal with potential discomfort or embarrassment if you're surrounded by people in better shape than you — don't worry, you'll get there with time and dedication — then shower in a crowded and possibly dirty locker room.
Luckily, there's another alternative: a home gym. Getting fit at home means you can work out whenever the mood strikes with no need for travel, you never have to wait for equipment, and once you have your equipment, you won't have any further monthly expenses.
If you've shrugged off a home gym because you think it requires a dedicated room, a huge expenditure of money, or more knowledge than you possess, we're here to help. You can get a great workout whatever your budget and you don't need a ton of space to do it.
We've gathered up the best home gym workout equipment for cardio, strength training, and flexibility. So whether you want to go high, stay low, or meet somewhere in the middle, you're set for a fit and healthy year and an in-shape and strong you.
Here is the best home gym equipment:
- Best treadmill: 3G Cardio Elite Treadmill
- Best stationary bike: Exerpeutic Folding Upright Bike
- Best jump rope: Survival and Cross Jump Rope
- Best workout machine: Bowflex Blaze Home Gym
- Best strap system: TRX Training Suspension Trainer Basic Kit
- Best dumbbells: Bowflex SelectTech 552 Adjustable Dumbbells
- Best training system: Revolution FIT 3-in-1 Training System
- Best yoga set: Complete Yoga Kit Set from Clever Yoga
- Best exercise ball: TheraBand Exercise and Stability Ball
- Best foam roller: AmazonBasics High-Density Round Foam Roller
- Best pull-up bar: Garren Fitness Maximiza Pull Up Bar
Updated on 10/29/2019 by Amir Ismael: Updated pricing and links.
Editor's Note: Steven John, James Brains, and Kyle Schurman also contributed to this guide with picks from our many other fitness-related buying guides on Insider Picks.