Apple's iCloud can be a lifesaver.
Whether it's the helpful chirp of the Find My iPhone app, or the reassurance of knowing your photos are backed up and safe, iCloud houses functions we've all needed before.
You can also use the iCloud Drive as part of iCloud, which allows you to access documents and files across your devices, from a Mac computer to an iPad or iPhone.
With a few easy steps and an up-to-date operating system, you can set up and access your iCloud Drive on your iPhone through the Files app.
Here's how to do it.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
iPhone 11 (From $699.99 at Best Buy)
iPad (From $329.99 at Best Buy)
MacBook Pro (From $1,299.99 at Best Buy)
How to access your iCloud Drive on an iPhone
You'll first need to enable the iCloud Drive within iCloud.1. Tap the Settings app.
2. Press the button at the very top. You should see your name above the words "Apple ID, iCloud, iTunes & App Store."
3. Tap "iCloud."
4. Below the "Apps Using iCloud" section, toggle the "iCloud Drive" button toward the green for "On," if it isn't already.
5. Now that the Drive has been enabled, you can access files in your iCloud using the Files app.
How to access your iCloud Drive through the Files app1. Open the Files app.
2. Tap the three dots in the top right corner to open a drop down menu. Select "Edit."
3. Use the slider to enable iCloud Drive in the Files app.
4. You'll now be able to access your iCloud Drive documents and files.
In addition to your iCloud Drive, you can also access your Google Drive and Dropbox files in the Files app, as long as you set up and connect those apps.