- Salad greens, like lettuce and kale, can easily go bad if you don't properly care for them.
- You should avoid buying any bunches or packages that contain leaves that are turning yellow or beginning to wilt, as they won't taste as fresh.
- It's important to wash and completely dry your greens as soon as you get them home.
- Wrapping your greens in a damp paper towel inside of an unsealed plastic freezer bag will keep them fresher and crisper for longer.
- Visit Insider's homepage for more stories.
It's pretty frustrating when your salad greens go bad quicker than you can consume them.
Fortunately, there are a few ways you can store and care for these vegetables that can keep them fresher and better-tasting for longer.
Here are some mistakes you're making that could be ruining your salad greens, according to experts.