- Warning: There are spoilers ahead for Sunday's episode of "The Walking Dead," "We are the End of the World."
- Ryan Hurst, who plays Beta on "The Walking Dead," told Insider we'll learn why his mysterious character wears a mask all the time by the season's end.
- "Talking Dead" host Chris Hardwick may have already ruined the surprise.
- On the aftershow, he said the show's spinoff, "Fear the Walking Dead," had an Easter egg "that might be suggestive of Beta's past."
- Fans noticed Beta's face appears to be on a vinyl album, suggesting he was a famous singer.
- Visit Insider's homepage for more stories.
Ryan Hurst told Insider we'll learn why his "The Walking Dead" character, Beta, wears a mask over his face all the time on the AMC zombie series by the end of this season. But Chris Hardwick may have inadvertantly spoiled the big reveal for fans early on "TWD" aftershow "Talking Dead."
"Ryan, do you want to comment on, there's a little bit of an Easter egg in 'Fear 514' that might be suggestive of Beta's past?" Hardwick asked Hurst on air Sunday night.
"I can't say too much," said Hurst when inquired about Beta's backstory.
"All I can say at this point is that maybe Beta was a large personality in the world before the apocalypse and sort of letting go of that may have been tragic to his psyche," Hurst added.
Some big fans of "TWD" universe may have already figured out the mystery and it would explain why Beta was wearing a ski mask over his face when he met Alpha.
If you go back to season five, episode 14 of "Fear the Walking Dead," take a close look at when Daniel drops all of those vinyl records on the ground in the dark and it's not too hard to guess what that "large personality" of Beta's may have been.
It looks like Beta's face is on the cover of one of those vinyl albums. The hat of the singer looks very similar to the one atop Beta in his crossed out photo seen on Sunday's "The Walking Dead."
This would also explain why Beta's face is crossed out. He doesn't want anyone to recognize him. It also suggests that his friend was famous as well since his face is scratched out in the photo on Sunday's episode.
The detail hasn't gone unnoticed by fans of the shows.
—Rob (@Rob92_813) October 14, 2019
In "The Walking Dead" comics, Beta is unmasked to be a famous basketball player. On the TV show, it looks like he may wind up being a famous country singer, which would help explain his humming.