Domingo withdraws from Met Opera after harassment reports

ABC News Entertainment 1 month ago

Plácido Domingo has agreed to withdraw from all future performances at the Metropolitan Opera following accusations of sexual harassment made by women in a pair of reports by The Associated Press.

The 78-year-old classical music star had been scheduled to sing the title role in the season debut of Verdi's "Macbeth" on Wednesday night, which would have been his first performance in the United States since the reports.

Domingo had sung in rehearsals, and the Met had said as late as Monday that he was scheduled to perform Wednesday.

The company says in a statement "The Met and Mr. Domingo are in agreement that he needed to step down."


Source link
Read also:
The Guardian › Entertainment › 1 month ago
Opera singer drops role in Macbeth and agrees no longer to perform with New York companyThe Metropolitan Opera announced on Tuesday that Plácido Domingo had agreed to withdraw from his slate of scheduled performances at the opera house following...
New York Post › 1 month ago
Opera legend Placido Domingo has quit as general director of the LA Opera, as the fallout from the sexual harassment controversy continues to dog the Grammy-winning tenor, according to reports. Domingo, who has been with the Los Angeles company since...
ABC News › 1 month ago
Opera icon Placido Domingo exited his performances at the Metropolitan Opera, indicating he may not return to that stage, following sexual harassment allegations.
USA Today › 1 month ago
Plácido Domingo has agreed to withdraw from all future performances at the Metropolitan Opera following accusations of sexual harassment made by women in a pair of reports by The Associated Press. (Sept. 24)
The Guardian › Lifestyle › 1 month ago
The Royal Opera must surely follow New York’s Met and abandon bookings with star tenor Placido Domingo while he faces sexual harassment allegationsPlacido Domingo’s total withdrawal from the Metropolitan Opera in the wake of continuing sexual...
ABC News › 1 month ago
The opera singer has agreed to withdraw from all future performances at the Metropolitan Opera following accusations of sexual harassment.
USA Today › Entertainment › 1 month ago
Robert Hunter, Grateful Dead's poetic lyricist, dead at 78; Bill Cosby hit with $2.75M legal bill after losing dispute; Placido Domingo withdraws from Met Opera after harassment reports. (Sept. 25)
Fox News › Entertainment › 1 month ago
When opera superstar Placido Domingo appeared in Europe last month after being accused of sexual harassment by multiple women, his performances were greeted with rapturous ovations. This week, the spotlight moves to the U.S., where Domingo faces two...
NBC News › 1 month ago
The opera legend, who has denied the accusations, indicated that he would never again perform at the Met.
Fox News › Entertainment › 1 month ago
The Metropolitan Opera announced Tuesday that Plácido Domingo had agreed to withdraw from his slate of scheduled performances at the opera house following allegations of sexual harassment made by multiple women in two Associated Press stories. The...
Sign In

Sign in to follow sources and tags you love, and get personalized stories.

Continue with Google
OR